700th Bomb Squadron Training Base
Mitchell Army Air Field, Mitchell, South Dakota
Opened in November 1937, during World War II, the facility was rebuilt in 1943 by the United States Army Air Force as a Second Air Force B-17 Flying Fortress and B-24 Liberator heavy bomber training airfield field known as Mitchell Army Airfield.
On 1 October 1944, when training ended at the facility, it was transferred to Air Technical Service Command where it was assigned to Ogden Air Service Command as an axillary airfield. Returned over to civil use after the war, it is now a public airport providing general aviation service.
Image courtesy of Wikipedia